Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Oops! Look What Floated Into My Yard


Yes, that is a 2006 Cadillac CTS. Some fool came driving down our street during our last major rain event. That was on Saturday, April 18, 2009. He was apparrently trying to avoid the flooded streets. As he came down the street the water continued to get deeper. He first jumped up onto the curb and then came up onto the sidewalk trying to avoid high water. The car sank down into the mud in the middle of our yard and his tires were simply spinning. He was going no further until a tow truck was able to get to him out.


I snapped a number of pictures to document this 'Stupity Event'. I also took all the pertinent information including name, address, and phone number and the insurance of the driver as well as VIN#, license#, and registration# of the vehicle. I have filed a claim for the damage to my yard with his insurance company.


This fool apparently thinks he can drive through yards in an attempt to avoid deep water. Well he is trying to avoid more than the high water. He never returned calls to the insurance adjuster working on the case. They first indicated that they could not settle unless they could get his side of the story. They were unable to verify a policy for this particular car. The insurance adjuster called me back for more information on the car. Since the car had a paper plate from a dealership in our neighborhood, she called them for more information. Well it turns out that the dealership is also looking for this guy. He had apparently made purchase from them for this vehicle only a few days prior to the flood. When he had the car towed from my yard he had it returned to the dealership. He was apparently going to try and back out of the deal on the car. The dealership was trying to make a claim on his insurance and he was avoiding calls not only from his own insurance company and from me. He was not returning calls from the dealership.


I am still waiting for a decision from the insurance company. I get call every few days to update me. They are now waiting for details of the sale from the dealership to their client. If they don't pay off I may file a police report and sue for damages in small claims court. Pam originally called the police. They never came to give a ticket or make a report. They do have a record of her call and I can go to a police substation to file a report and get a case number. Hopefully his insurance company will make some kind of settlement. Well, come back later for any future update on 'the fool and his Cadillac'!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Pam and Lance.

I have heard that car on your lawn is gone. Did you feel the water in the house?
Here we need not be afraid to get watwr in the house.

greetings Britt