Sunday, March 30, 2008

Innocuous Suggestions!

I recently suggested to my brother in one of his Blog Posts that I liked the color 'Blue' in his Blog. See his Blog by linking here with 'Going Green', Thursday, March 27, 2008 or with the Horst Household Happennings to the right in Favorite Places and go to his post for that date. I indicated I would give him a few references which would explain my preference for Blue. Well, here goes . . .

Blue Hawaii: The first of three Elvis Presley movies filmed in Hawaii.

Blue Light Special: A discount store uses this phrase to signify their in store specials or sales.

Blue Jay: Popular bird in North America noted by its bright blue coloring and notable song pattern.

Bluebonnets: The Texas State Flower - I'll let the picture speak for itself!









Blues Jazz: Popular jazz music style also known as 'the blues'. My preference is New Age or Modern Jazz, but I do occasionaly listen to blues jazz.

Blue Ribbon: This refers to some high quality or highly rated item.

True Blue: To be loyal or faithful. This also seems to be popular as a song or album title. A number of companies also use this in a variety of slogans or promotions for their company or for their products or services.

Blue Moon: This refers to a rare occurrence or event.


Blue Angels, Blue Velvet, Blue Bayou, Blue Ridge Parkway, Blue Sky, Blue Water, Blue Man Group, Blue Oyster Cult, Jet Blue, Blue Ray, American Express Blue, Kelley Blue Book, Blue Jeans, Blue Crabs, Blue Cross-Blue Shield . . . . . . . . . . . .


Gee! When I suggested I liked Blue, I thought it was a rather innocuous suggestion. When I started the research for this Blog I didn't realize what I was getting myself into. I thought I would simply "Google" a few phrases and be done with it. Nothing could be farther from the truth. I,ll be more careful before I make another of those innocuous suggestions!

Please note that I have not included any links (except to his original Blog Post which got this whole thing started) in the Blog Post above. I did not want to deny you the opportunity to try it out. You may link with 'Google' (this and his link are the only links) and type in any of the above phrases and see what you get. Try it and you will see what I mean!
. . . . .

No comments: