Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Recipe Wednesday #8

This is Wednesday and it's on schedule for this recipe. This is a recipe which I found in a small, brown ring binder with 4x6 inch pages. Some recipes are handwritten and some are newspaper or magazine cut-outs of recipes which have been pasted onto the pages. This notebook of recipes is another one of those items found when we cleaned up the house after my mother-in-law passed away. The recipe this week is obviously a yellowed newspaper clipping. I have no idea where or when it was originally printed. Please try the recipe. I'm sure your family will enjoy:

Lemon Chess Pie
6 eggs
2 cups sugar
4 tablespoons butter
juice of 2 lemons
pinch of salt
Put eggs in blender and let whirl for a few rounds. Add 1 cup of sugar and turn blender on and off. Add 2 cup sugar and to the same. Add melted butter, salt and juice and whizz it a bit more. Pour into an unbaked 8 inch pie shell and bake in a 350 oven for 35 minutes.
Please note! The word choice and all spelling is exactly as printed on the original clipping. I'm not sure about the technical or official cooking definitions for "whirl" and "whizz". I'm not real sure but, I think you should "do" something with the sugar not "to" the sugar. I guess this newspaper article was probably done without a spelling or grammar checker. Maybe the Food Editor was having a bad day. At any rate, I hope you will enjoy the Lemon Chess Pie!

No comments: